Patients & Visitor's Guide
This statement provides for the Personal Data that we collect or which you may provide through this Website, and describes when and where your Personal Data is collected, why it is collected, how it may be used and disclosed, and how you can exercise your rights as a Data Subject
Under the DPA, Personal Data includes all types of Personal Information. Your Personal Information includes any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information. Your Personal Information also includes Sensitive Personal Information.
When you visit or transact through this Website, the Hospital collects any of the following Personal Data:
- Your name, email address, and any other personal information that you may provide through your correspondence with the Hospital;
- Details of your visits to the Website (e.g., traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Website); and
- Information about your computer/device and internet connection, as well as IP address, operating system, and browser type.
This Website allows you to directly reach the Hospital and provide comments, suggestions and complaints on the hospital's services to help improve them. When you access this Website and submit your concerns, we collect Personal Data to identify you and enable the Hospital to act on your concerns.
Any additional Personal Data that you may provide through your correspondence with the Hospital in connection with your concerns shall also be considered and treated as Personal Data.
We collect your Personal Data through this Website primarily to effectively address your concerns and to improve your Website experience.
We will only use your Personal Data for other purposes with your consent or if there is a legal requirement to do so. For information that may identify you, we will only use them in accordance with the Data Privacy Act (DPA) of 2012 which requires us to collect and retain personal information only for specified and legitimate purposes, and when necessary to protect life and health.
Upon receiving your concerns and the accompanying Personal Data identifying you, the Hospital forwards the same to its Customer Relations Department. The Hospital may use your Personal Data to get in touch with you, in order to attend to, further inquire about, and address your concerns. The Hospital may separately contact you to confirm that the concerned department has acted on your concerns, ask you for further feedback, request your participation in surveys and/or provide information on its services.
For the data on the details of your website visit and information about your computer/device and internet connection, as well as IP address, operating system, and browser type, we use them to help us improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; and
The following may have access to your Personal Data for the purposes stated above:
- Customer Relations Officer;
- The Hospital may share your personal information with third parties (which include, but not limited to the Department of Health, Philippine Health Insurance Corp., or your insurance provider) as required or permitted by law or contract, including regulatory authorities, government agencies (e.g. DSWD, PCSO) as well as parties you voluntarily transact with.
You are afforded certain rights under the Privacy Laws, particularly the DPA. You have the right to be informed of these specific rights, to object to the processing of your Personal Information, to access, update and correct the same, and to withdraw your consent and/or edit your consent preferences at any time. Hence, we would like to ensure that we have your consent to continue to collect, use, and disclose your Personal Data for the purposes identified in this Statement.
Your rights to your personal information are provided in Chapter IV of the DPA which you may access on this web address: https://privacy.gov.ph/data-privacy-act/).
The Hospital creates and maintains a record of your Personal Data in its offices and this Statement applies to your Personal Data that we collect through this Website. Pursuant to the DPA, we undertake to protect your Personal Data.
The Hospital is required to protect your Personal Data, and to process the same only in accordance with the following data privacy principles:
- Transparency: We are obligated to inform you of the nature, purpose, and extent of our processing of your Personal Data, including the risks and safeguards involved, the identity of the persons involved in the processing of your personal data, your rights as data subject, and how these rights can be exercised.
- Legitimate purpose: We will only process your Personal Data for a legitimate purpose, compatible with our declared and specified purposes, and not contrary to law, morals, and public policy.
- Proportionality: The processing of your Personal Data shall be adequate, relevant, suitable, and necessary, and not excessive in relation to the declared and specific purposes.
When your Personal Data is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify the same. However, most of the Personal Data are or will be stored in files which will be kept by us for the minimum period provided under existing laws and regulations.
You may access your Personal Data and update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access the same, please contact us in writing and we will respond within a reasonable time (Please take note that our ability to respond to your request may also depend on the collection of your Personal Information.). You may submit your request through the Medical Records Office.
We will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge a reasonable administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
You will be provided Notice if these changes are significant and, if required by law, we will take steps to obtain your updated consent.
- Office Address: 46 P. Sanchez St. Sta. Mesa Manila
- Phone numbers: (02) 716-8001 to 20 local 2401
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Address: 5th Floor Delegation Building, PICC Complex, Roxas Blvd, Pasay City
- Phone numbers: 09451534299 (Globe)/ 09399638715 (Smart)
- Web Address: privacy.gov.ph